I love, love, love Halloween. This year, only this costume seemed appropriate…
Notice the spikes along my spine too 🙂 My fiancé had to sew me into the dress because I couldn’t zip it up all the way (and I didn’t want to ruin this lovely vintage dress).
The tail and feet were easy enough to sew. I used an aluminum dryer vent for the tail, covered it in batting (wrapped thicker on one end and gradually thinner to the tip). This made it very light weight and wiggly.
The feet were done by basically sewing slip covers (with toes) over very large slippers and then stuffed with extra batting fluff.
I made the veil & bouquet too 🙂 The veil was actually my practice veil I did last spring before making my “real” one seen here.
It is fun being a Bridezilla, but only for Halloween.
Sorry for no step by step, I just made it up as I went along. The key is the dress. I was lucky to find this one at Goodwill for $25. A perfect fit.
- DIY Halloween Decor (trendythriftynow.com)
- No Sew DIY Superhero Costume (sugartot.net)
- DIY Project: Halloween Jar Luminaries (candlescoop.com)
- 4 Halloween DIY Craft Projects (makingtimeformommy.com)
- DIY Halloween Costumes (pepperminting.com)